Whenever you’re ready to purchase that new Acer computer, it’s a good idea to find a good source with Acer computer reviews to help you save money, and your time.
Whenever clients ask me where to find trustworthy Acer computer reviews, I recommend Amazon.com. It’s easy to do.
These are the tips I give my clients:
- Find out which model interests you based on it’s features like RAM, hard drive space, monitor, etc. Example: “Acer Aspire AXC-603-UR15 Desktop”
- Take that model number and go to Amazon.com and do a search for it. These are real reviews from real customers just like you. If you do a google search for computer reviews, be warned, there are many fake review websites out there to just get you to buy through their site and make them money. That’s why I stick with sites like Amazon.
- Be sure that your specific model is listed. Rarely will a model not be listed, but if this happens then I also recommend the reviews on Buy.com Rakuten (many times you get free shipping there too!), BestBuy.com and Walmart.com. Amazon is my first pick though when available.
- So let’s say you found your model. Immediately you can see how many stars and how many reviews are available
- Read the Reviews and look for patterns. Scroll all the way down the page to the very bottom to see the reviews and read through them. You’ll notice some reviews may be more opinion based on the user’s expertise. For example, if a person complains that they can’t make the wifi work, it’s quite possible that the user is doing something wrong, and it’s not the fault of the computer. Just look for patterns. If you see several people complaining about the same thing, I recommend avoiding the computer altogether and going with a different model. This will save you time in the long run of having to return a computer to the seller.
- Amazon also has “answered questions”. This can be handy for finding answers to any questions you might have.
- If you really want to do your homework, look at reviews across the various sites I suggested earlier in the post to look for patterns across the websites. For example, if Amazon.com had just one review where the computer kept overheating, and you found the same review on Buy.com Rakuten, it would be best to avoid this particular model. Acer still makes great products. Sometimes, as with any manufacturer, there can be an error in the model (bad batch of motherboards, etc).
- Also pay attention to the “Customers Also Considered” section on Amazon. You may find a better computer at a better price by taking that extra step, especially if you’re unsure about the model you are viewing due to it’s reviews.
Happy Smart Shopping!!